Every time I have banana bread I think of all the many times I made it with my mom growing up, and now I get to share that experience with my daughter. Even though we used eggs and milk in my mom’s recipe, this vegan version is just as tasty! It’s moist and delicious and even the omnivores in my life love it.
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Mash bananas and add sugar, water, vinegar, oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stir until well blended.
- Pour into a greased bread pan and bake for 45-60 minutes. Check with a toothpick, when it comes out clean it’s done.
- Cool for 20 minutes either on a cooling rack, or just a plate.
Banana bread is the perfect way to use up any bananas that are well passed their prime and you can add nuts, dried fruit or seeds into the mixture to add some extra deliciousness and flavour!
Latest posts by Cole Nemeth (see all)
- How Writing Daily will Positively Influence Your Life - May 27, 2015
- Create Your Own Bedroom Sanctuary with Cushion Covers - May 25, 2015
- Graduated College, Now What? - May 22, 2015