Got some beets or sweet potatoes you need to use up? Making your own sweet potato and beet chips is really easy and they taste great, too!
- 3 beets
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- a pinch of garlic powder
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees F.
- Wash your beets and sweet potato, peel and thinly slice.
- Pour the oil and salt over top and mix them around until it’s evenly spread.
- Lay them on a baking sheet so that they are not overlapping.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until they reach your desired crispiness. And enjoy!
These colourful chips were perfect for filling my salty and crunchy cravings in a more healthy way than store bought potato chips. The amount I made was enough for Nick and I to share as a snack. I personally preferred the sweet potato chips, but Nick preferred the beet chips. I guess it all depends on your preferences! And feel free to experiment with different seasonings!
Latest posts by Cole Nemeth (see all)
- Tell Your Story, Capture Your Life - January 23, 2015
- 10 Fun Ways to Beat the Winter Blues - January 20, 2015
- Caravans, Polaroids and MixMasters – Vintage Inspired Colouring Pages - January 18, 2015