Just because there’s no cheese in this lasagna, doesn’t mean it isn’t delicious! Even my cheese-loving friend Sarah approved this vegan lasagna recipe. Since this is such a basic recipe it’s easy to add things to it like vegan “cheese” or extra vegetables. Plus, it’s super easy to make, which is always a bonus for lazy cooks like me.
- 1 package of lasagna noodles
- 3 handfuls of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package of firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 soy milk
- 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- A dash of salt and pepper
- 1 large can of tomato sauce
- Optional: 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions
- Drain tofu, press excess liquid out, and crumble into a large bowl.
- Add sugar, soy milk, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the tofu and mix in.
- Stir in the spinach, onion and garlic.
- Cover the bottom of a baking dish with tomato sauce, followed by a layer of noodles, then tofu mixture. Repeat this until your dish is full, or you run out of tofu mixture, making sure you end with a layer of noodles covered in tomato sauce. Optional: sprinkle nutritional yeast flakes on top for a “cheesy” flavour.
- Bake for 45 minutes or so.
This vegan lasagna recipe took me about 10-15 minutes to prepare, which I think is super quick, and fed 6 adults.
Hope you enjoy!